Cooked In Africa
Embed this video
Copy and paste the HTML into your website.
- CuratorCooked In Africa
- Total views1005
- Unique co-op viewers833
- Date created4th Apr '12
- Number of shows18
- Last updated24th Jan '13
- Current SponsorCooked in Africa
- Curator Bio
- Show views113
Season 1 - Episode 1 - Justin and his busload of friends set off on the first leg of their epic
journey, from Cape Town to the Breede River. First stop is for Justin to sneak onto a farmer’sland to pick waterblommetjies at dawn. A little later he makes a restorative chilli coffee with asplash of brandy for mates fishing (unsuccessfully) followed by a hearty “breakfast for daboyz” on the beach. Back at base camp, friends get roped in to make beer bread (there is nosuch thing as a free lunch after all), and slow cooked gemsbok and waterblommetjie bredies on anopen fire. The meal is enjoyed at a long communal table before the episode concludes with a fieryfinale.
All the shows
Episode 13 - Tea... Cooking
- Description Sun City forms the backdrop to the most fiery of the Season's challenges with the final three teams competing for the grand prize of the title, R500 000 cash, a new Renault Koleos 4x4 valued at R325 000, and a Cadac BraaiMaxx valued at R15 000 in the most extreme and stressful braai challenge of the series! Teams must dig deep to stay in the game, battling it out in front of their fires for an eight-hour Team Challenge that represents a series of unexpected twists and turns. Only one team emerges victorious to take the title of SA's first official Ultimate Braai Master
Episode 11 - Tea... Cooking
- Description The final five teams travel from the Natal Midlands to the Golden Gate National Park on the edge of the Maluti Mountains. After Coal Shoulder won the fast-forward in the previous challenge, they get to sit back while the other teams face each other for a spot in the twelfth leg of The Ultimate Braai Master. Teams are split into two groups and each group has to make two goat potjies, beef, lamb and chicken sosaties as well as beer bread for 35 guests. In the end, four close friends have to go head to head against each other in one of the most trying elimination challenges yet.
Episode 8 - Teas... Cooking
- Description The Village Feast It's early morning and the remaining 8 teams set off to a local Transkei village on foot. Along the way teams are taught how to forage off the coast. They enjoy a night of kuiering with locals in their village and the next morning they set off again and travel to a new village and the destination of their next challenge: a traditional village feast. At the end of the day three teams are announced for elimination.
Episode 7 - Teas... Cooking
- Description It's early morning and Justin reveals that teams have to travel to the Pick n Pay in Jeffrey's Bay and purchase everything they need to make the ultimate campsite braai for Bertus and Marthinus. From Jeffrey's Bay they travel to Morgan Bay - home to one of the best campsites in the country. The next morning, just as the sun rises, teams compete in a breakfast challenge and three teams go into elimination, where they have to cook a beef stew on their cars' engine blocks while travelling to their next destination, the Wild Coast. After a long and tedious travel day, one team's dreams are shattered.
The Ultimate Bra... Cooking
- Description Everyday, all across South Africa grids are cleaned and braai tongs come out, but as soon as the fires are lit, egos are ignited. If you ask anyone who the king of the braai is, their answer will inevitably be 'me.' Everyone thinks they're the best! After trekking through Southern Africa on a 13-episode adventure to find the country's best braaiers, Justin Bonello is determined to find out who is the real king of the braai. Six cities, 24 people and a whole lot of heat. Who will be South Africa's first Braai Master?
Episode 1 Cooking
- Description Season 1 - Episode 1 - Justin and his busload of friends set off on the first leg of their epic journey, from Cape Town to the Breede River. First stop is for Justin to sneak onto a farmer’s land to pick waterblommetjies at dawn. A little later he makes a restorative chilli coffee with a splash of brandy for mates fishing (unsuccessfully) followed by a hearty “breakfast for da boyz” on the beach. Back at base camp, friends get roped in to make beer bread (there is no such thing as a free lunch after all), and slow cooked gemsbok and waterblommetjie bredies on an open fire. The meal is enjoyed at a long communal table before the episode concludes with a fiery finale.
Episode 2 Cooking
- Description Season 1 - Episode 2 - After a bit of a heavy night at Up The Creek with lots of tequila, Justin whips up a “regmaker” – a spicy Bloody Mary with raw egg yolk. Picnics are an important part of road trips so the gang stop at the side of the river where Justin toasts up some of last night’s leftover beer bread and tops it with mozzarella and ostrich carpaccio cut with a Swiss Army knife. The main meal of the day is another group effort – Thai-style (sort of) risotto and another with butternut and sweet potato, typical of Justin’s fusion approach to food.
Episode 3 Cooking
- Description Season 1 - Episode 3 - From candlelit cocktails in the hot baths at Calitzdorp spa to Buffalo Bay; a gentle horse ride on the beach can only be tackled after a hangover breakfast of health muffins (a bit like baked muesli) and fresh berry smoothies. Is there a pattern emerging here? Strength regained, on the menu for dinner is a Thai-style paella full of colourful veggies, chilli (of course – they’re Justin’s favourite), coconut milk, saffron and seafood.